Position Details: Business Analyst
|Location:||Middle River, MD|
Location: Middle River
This is a great opportunity supporting our state client in a multiyear contract. This role of a business analyst is needed for identifying problems, needs, and opportunities for improvement and help the organization achieve its goals. The Ideal candidate would have strong working knowledge the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and experience collaborating with both development and Quality Assurance (QA) teams.
- Degree from an accredited college with a bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Computer Science, Communications or a related field.
- 3 Years of experience as a business analyst or closely related experience in the analysis of information technology organizations and systems
- Working with project stakeholders and business people and communicate the business vision for projects, mapping out initial requirements and the scope of the project.
- Modeling and designing new systems which implement the goals of the organization.
- Differing messages and needs of project stakeholders into a single, consistent vision that developers can understand.
- Explaining what the developers need to do, including communicating schedules and estimates.
- Implementing new/novel business processes, increasing efficiency and productivity of existing business processes, and reducing operating costs of existing processes.
- Analyze the business processes, procedures, organization structure, etc. in order to identify problems and determine solutions.
- Solve operational and business process problems and refine the business model.
- Determine how to improve existing business processes. Determine which tasks/steps to take to automate. Design the features of IT system and create functional specifications. Implement new features of the IT system.
- Interact with the business organization representatives, including executive management, to understand the business process and the needs of the business.
- Gather business requirements from identified project stakeholders identifying potential solutions to the problems posed by the business needs and requirements.
- Translate the business requirements into functional requirements.
- Create functional specifications for new systems which solve the given business problems.
- Present solutions to business stakeholders and facilitate the iterative refinement of the system requirements.
- Work with the development team to make sure the functional specifications are unambiguous.
- Create test scenarios to verify the system.
- Help scope projects and write use cases and system/technical specifications.
- Document solutions, create documents and diagrams of the new system which specify system-user interactions, describing how data should flow through the system, and list the logical operations the new system must perform.
- Outstanding analytical skills in order to properly interpret business processes and translate into application and operational requirements. Analyze data, documents, user input surveys and workflow to determine which course of action will correct the business problem.
- Ability to serve as a liaison between developers and users, clients and companies, and management and IT.