Position Details: Business Development Specialist
The Company Established in 2007, A P Ventures, LLC (APV) is an SBA-certified 8 (a) Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) and certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) in Maryland and Virginia. APV employs more than 45+ professionals with prime contracts with several Government agencies with exceptional client satisfaction. APV is appraised at CMMI Level 3 for Development, holds ISO 9001. APV also holds several IDIQs, GWACs and schedules which allows agencies direct access to APV.
APV has seen 300% growth in federal revenue and holds Prime contracts with several civilian as well as DoD agencies. In order to keep the aggressive growth plan, APV is seeking a full time business development specialist to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate will provide expertise in capture management and business development to generate new business in Government sectors and to contribute to corporate growth. The candidate must be strategic, highly motivated, and possess verifiable expertise in winning and capturing new business. APV is a well established company with many prime contracts with various State, Federal and local agencies.
Title: Business Development Specialist
Location: Columbia, Maryland
- Review various data source to create pipeline of opportunities in Software Development, Training and System integration, all which are APV SWIM lanes.
- Develop capture plan for each selected opportunity and complete the needed presentation informing Business Development Department and leadership of progress.
- Filter data to narrow down opportunity to target agencies that are in the socio economic status that APV holds.
- Schedule first calls with government contracting officers, small business leaders in support of identified business opportunities.
- Develop business intelligence on selected opportunities to include identification of incumbents, teaming opportunities, published briefings, subject matter experts.
- Identify and establish first call potential teaming partners on pre-vetted opportunities.
- Identify and attend selected contractor outreach events and industry days, webinars, conferences, relevant networking events.
- Ensure that all new leads and prospective clients are entered and maintained in CRM.
Education and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3 plus years of sales/business development or related experience within the federal Government sector
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and juggle numerous projects in fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledgeable and comfortable using market intelligence software such as GovWin
- Government contracting experience a MUST
Why work for APV?
APV is committed to foster growth of its employee by providing professional development and growth opportunity for upward mobility. Employees of APV receive full range of benefits to include Holidays, Paid Leave, Medical and Dental coverage, Life and Disability Coverage, and other benefits.
We are growing our business on a culture of employee engagement. If you are a team-centric, creative professional seeking a challenging and fulfilling career, come grow with us!