Position Details: Contracts Administrator Level I,
Contracts Administrator Level I,
Location- Columbia, MD
As a Contracts Administrator, Level I under the direct supervision of and training by the Director of Contracts & Compliance, you will acquire valuable training and experience in federal acquisition / contracting policies and procedures for doing business with federal and DoD agencies. In this position, as you execute assigned tasks, you will acquire first-hand experience in interacting with the company’s various administrative and business departments (e.g., accounting, marketing, business development, HR), as well as understanding how all operate together in the execution of company and client objectives and projects. And you will come to understand how companies synergistically team together to meet the project needs of federal and DoD clients.
In this position, the successful candidate will support the Director in the following key tasks:
- Preparing Nondisclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, subcontracts, purchase orders, and other contract and subcontract related documentation.
- Prepare and maintain contracts and subcontracts files in accordance with company’s established procedures.
- Provide assistance to the company’s proposal process in the completion of Client-required forms and documents, as well as assist in obtaining same from teaming companies.
- Preparing Government-required reports and inquiries.
- Administering and feeding key company contractual tracking and reporting systems.
- Providing review and guidance regarding billings to clients, as well as billings from company subcontractors and vendors.
- Administrative closeout of contracts and subcontracts.
- Participate in internal and external discussions on matters relevant to federal acquisition and contracting.
- Ability to work independently with good problem-solving skills
- Up to three years actual hands-on contracting and/or subcontracting experience in a federal acquisition environment.
- Ability to work and communicate constructively and in a professional manner with others, particularly under tight deadlines when such occur.
- Customer support ethics and quality service delivery, whether to internal or external clients, are very important for success.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (primarily MS Word and Excel).
- B.S. Degree in business related field (e.g., business management, finance, accounting)
- Contracting certification (e.g., CPP, CPPM, CPCM)
- General familiarity with FAR and DFARS regulations
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.