Position Details: HHS Business Development/Market Lead
The Company Established in 2007, A P Ventures, LLC (APV) is an SBA-certified 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) and certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) in Maryland and Virginia. APV has a history of leading over 70+ prime contracts with exceptional past performance as a result of a stellar workforce dedicated to providing complete client satisfaction. APV is appraised at CMMI Level 3 for Development, holds ISO 9001. APV also holds several IDIQs, GWACs, and schedules which allows agencies direct access to APV.
APV has seen 300% growth in federal revenue and holds Prime contracts with several civilian as well as DoD agencies. In order to keep the aggressive growth plan, APV is seeking a full-time HHS Business Development/Market Lead to further expand APV's footprint in HHS.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who has deep knowledge of HHS and pre-existing relationship with agencies and partners. In this role, the HHS Account Lead will provide expertise in lead generation and business development to generate new business in HHS. The candidate must be strategic, highly motivated, and possess verifiable expertise in winning and capturing new business.
This Applicant must have a comprehensive understanding of current trends and emerging technologies in the Federal Civilian professional services and IT market. This is a highly visible position requiring a proven, clear record of success in growing new business and expanding current engagements. Familiarity with client's mission-critical programs desired, including Civilian and DoD agencies. Professional relationships in HHS segment is a MUST.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated and extensive knowledge of Federal contracting for professional services and a broad IT market segment, with specific opportunity development, Capture Management, Prime and Subcontractor negotiations, and client engagement experience. As part of APV’s growth-oriented strategy, this candidate is expected to interact collaboratively across the Operations teams and lines of business as well as coordinating activities with the corporate staff functions including APV's CTO, Human Resources, Recruiting, and Contracting. Knowledge of GSA Schedules and other Federal Contract vehicles including IDIQs and GWACs is required. Experience in delivery of IT Applications, Training Solutions, Services, and Professional Services preferable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for winning new business and growing existing accounts. This includes broad business development and lead generation functions including pipeline development; opportunity identification, qualification, and strategic capture; customer and industry partner relations; developing and delivering presentations; and an active and key role in preparing RFI responses and proposal strategy, solutions and active participation with drafting responses. Duties include:
- Identifying, qualifying, and developing new business opportunities and associated call plans. Conducting opportunity analysis with specific strategies to increase company win probability.
- Organizing, composing, and briefing capture strategies/plans to corporate leadership, including win strategies, teaming competitive assessments, and pricing strategies
- Preparing responses to Requests for Information (RFI) and Sources Sought (SS).
- Coordinating with technical teams, business unit leaders, and functional experts to identify key discriminators, price to win strategies, and develop win themes.
- Assisting in proposal development and preparation, writing key portions of the technical and management sections. Capture contracts and follow-on opportunities post award.
- Preparing and presenting corporate capabilities presentations at appropriate venues. Preparing and delivering presentations to customers, partners and others to help position the company for and shape the acquisition strategy of potential opportunities.
- Supporting the company’s IDIQ/GWAC contract vehicles by monitoring opportunities that can develop into actionable proposals.
- Supporting brand development and market outreach activities. Creating marketing content and materials as required to represent the company and its end-to-end solutions; and representing the company at networking events and in professional associations.
- Demonstrated understanding of current trends and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of Federal procurement and business development cycle. Knowledge of various Government contracting vehicles and contract types.
- Demonstrated success in being hands-on in Business Development in growing business in HHS domain.
- The ability to effectively use opportunity search tools for pipeline growth while focused on the corporate growth strategy.
- Ability to accomplish insightful vetting of strategic opportunities (i.e., $20M+ in size).
- Knowledge of information technology, training, industry experience, and knowledge of the Federal professional services industry.
- The ability to communicate concisely and appropriately. Excellent computer and Internet open-source research skills including advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Have a current, active network of industry and Federal contracts.
- A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, creative capture management and teaming.
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers/partners
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning, and continual improvement.
- MUST HAVE PROVEN/DEMONSTRATED success in new business growth.
Why work for APV?
APV is committed to foster the growth of its employee by providing professional development and growth opportunity for upward mobility. Employees of APV receive a full range of benefits to include Holidays, Paid Leave, Medical and Dental coverage, Life and Disability Coverage, and other benefits.
We are growing our business in a culture of employee engagement. If you are a team-centric, creative professional seeking a challenging and fulfilling career, come grow with us