Position Details: Technical Recruiter
Job Title: Technical Recruiter
Location: Columbia, MD
Start Date: Immediately
APV is seeking a professional with a flair for matching job seekers with their passion!
A P Ventures, LLC, is a full-service IT consulting and E-Learning company headquartered in Columbia, MD. With many Federal, State and Local contract opportunities, we are looking to add Technical Recruiter. In this role, the Technical Recruiter will be focused on providing services to a federal agency by sourcing, screening and pre-qualifying candidates for specific job openings and other employment opportunities within the agency. This will be a high -profile career opportunity to grow with us as our company expands its federal practice.
General Job Functions
- Source candidates with qualifications to meet client agency’s requirements utilizing all available resources such as job board searches, job fairs, social media, etc. Positions may include: Computer Scientists, Operations Research Analyst, IT Project Managers, and Business Analyst.
- Create and place job ads
- Develop marketing strategy to attract the pool of candidates
- Conduct telephone screening and interviews to pre-qualify candidates for skills and experience required
- Validate hiring eligibility per OPM and agency’s regulations.
- Prepare required documentation.
- Present the advantages and opportunities of working for this agency
- Explain the client agency’s application and hiring process
- Enter and maintain records in the company’s applicant tracking system
- Prepare weekly status reports for internal management
- 3-5 years of full cycle IT recruitment experience
- Experience recruiting healthcare IT professionals is a plus
- Tenacity to overcome obstacles with a strong drive for results
- Excellent communication and influence skills
- Strong organizational skills with success handling multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative, team environment with full accountability for individual goals
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), the Department of Health and Human Services and the inner workings of government hiring.