Position Details: CMMI Appraiser
TITLE: CMMI Appraiser
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD 21202
Our client is seeking Subject Matter Expert (Capability Maturity Model Integration CMMI Lead Appraiser) to determine the capability and maturity of the client’s IT Organization and perform activities leading up to implementing IT project/program standards and performance objectives in line with CMMI guidelines.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Lead Appraiser participating and leading CMMI appraisal teams and activities.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in supporting quality assurance, process improvements and/or auditing functions for complex IT organizations.
- Hands-on experience in guiding IT organizations obtain CMMI certifications.
- Experience with preparing presentations, reports, tables, graphs, and observations for presentation to technical and non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems development lifecycle methodologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively with business users, managers, senior organizational leaders and technical staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related Discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Software Engineering Institute (SEI)/CMMI Institute certified Lead Appraiser.
- Functioned as a Lead Appraiser on five (5) or more CMMI appraisals, guiding large IT organizations into obtaining CMMI Level 3 certifications.
- Authorized SEISM SCAMPISM Lead Appraiser (or an SEISM SCAMPI B/C Team Leader).
- Experience in implementing CMMI industry standards and best practices, and performing Gap Analysis and Standard CMMI Assessment Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI) Appraisals for CMMI-Development (CMMI-DEV) Models.
- Experience in providing services related to process improvements, standards and functions for enterprise IT Project Management Office (PMO) of a large organization.
- Familiarity with various traditional and innovative IT project management approaches, tools and phases of IT project lifecycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures, LLC is a full-service IT consulting company headquartered in Columbia, MD. We are one of the fastest growing IT companies in the Washington DC–metro area, and are a prime vendor with various federal, State, and Local agencies. Learn more at www.apvit.com.
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.