Position Details: Instructional System Designer
|Location:||Panama City, FL|
TITLE: Instructional System Designer
LOCATION: Panama City, FL
A P Ventures (APV) Background: Since its inception in 2006, APV has been pioneering creative eLearning solutions. Over the years, APV’s staff has created more than 3,000 hours of online learning for Federal, State, and commercial clients. APV’s innovative products are enabling many clients to provide 24/7/365 custom training and education, with highly interactive content, to a widely-distributed work force. Due to our stellar past performance creating and delivering training solutions, APV has established itself as a highly successful provider of online learning—one that has won many task orders under the multi-billion-dollar, Best-in-Class Human Capital Training Solutions (HCaTS) Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC), overseen by the Office of Personnel Management and General Services Administration (OPM/GSA).
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of professionals that have worked on creating online courseware for diverse topics supporting customers that include DoD as well as many civilian agencies with exceptional CPARS.
The Opportunity: We are in search of an Instructional System Designer to join our team supporting AFCEC in the following capacities:
- Create and modify existing Web enabled courseware and graphics.
- Support LMS administrative integration of newly developed and modified courseware.
- Use Knowles Adult Learning Theory and effective instructional design and facilitation, including the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE) Model
- Craft visual and audio experiences that support learning modules.
- Create Web-based Training (WBT) products such as audio, video, custom animations/interactions, and custom graphics
- Translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand instructional content
- Use advanced course design principles (i.e. page layout, typography, color theory, visual focus, audio and video, print design) to enhance learning content
- Design and integrate SCORM and 508 compliance recruitments in courseware development products
- Use industry standard creative and authoring tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, CorelDraw, Captivate and Storyline
- Conduct analysis of training requirements and media requirements, develop appropriate training objectives and test methods and designs instructionally valid training materials.
- Design and develop instructional approaches, flow diagrams, storyboards, and interactive courseware to meet training requirements.
- Interact with customer and subject matter experts to ensure technical accuracy of instructional content.
- Ensure integrity of task analysis, training requirements, training hierarchies, instructional materials, and evaluation plans. Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced personnel.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Minimum 8+ years of experience in Instructional System Development, develop LMS driven, web-based courses/products using SCORM, immersive 3D simulations for the Unreal Engine 4, design and evaluate engaging, interactive, SCORM compliant self-directed training content in HTML5 applications
College-level (or higher) degrees in fields associated in education and training and the associated product development required. Highly preferred a candidate with Certificate or Masters in Adult Learning Theories or Instructional System Design.
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability candidates are encouraged to apply. Qualified military veterans are encouraged to apply.