Position Details: Technical Writer
|Location:||Panama City, FL|
TITLE: Technical Writer
LOCATION: Panama City, FL
A P Ventures (APV) Background: Since its inception in 2006, APV has been pioneering creative eLearning solutions. Over the years, APV’s staff has created more than 3,000 hours of online learning for Federal, State, and commercial clients. APV’s innovative products are enabling many clients to provide 24/7/365 custom training and education, with highly interactive content, to a widely-distributed work force. Due to our stellar past performance creating and delivering training solutions, APV has established itself as a highly successful provider of online learning—one that has won many task orders under the multi-billion-dollar, Best-in-Class Human Capital Training Solutions (HCaTS) Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC), overseen by the Office of Personnel Management and General Services Administration (OPM/GSA).
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of professionals that have worked on creating online courseware for diverse topics supporting customers that include DoD as well as many civilian agencies with exceptional CPARS.
The Opportunity: We are in search of a Technical Writer to join our team supporting AFCEC in the following capacities:
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with ability to draft narrative and copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening) across all levels of the organization
- Possess the ability to effectively analyze problems and reach solution in a timely manner
- Proven results with strategic thinking, creativity, and deployment of training initiatives linked to business outcomes.
- Proficient at creating learning evaluation strategies to confirm learning objectives have been met.
- Ability to interpret and translate SME requirements into learning content, collaborate with the delivery team to ensure consistent delivery of learning solutions that align and support organization goals and objectives.
- Ensure appropriate content is secured from vendors, cross-functional departments, and other parties as needed for course development
- High degree of expertise in working with Subject Matter Expert in creating storyboards for online courseware and work with Instructional staff to develop rapid-prototyping of Storyboards.
- Design using approved style guidelines and standards
- Act as dedicated content writer to vet training content, ensuring consistent vernacular, tone, voice, terminology; manages the approval and integration of visuals, graphics and video/audio into learning materials.
- Stays abreast of learning tools, trends and best practices, identifying new approaches and solutions for online learning.
- Knowledge of tools and technology to create multimedia content (Adobe Suite (particularly Illustrator and Photoshop), podcasting tools, HTML5, Google Apps, etc.)
8+ years curriculum and content development experience for adult learners from inception to delivery using blended learning and design technologies, visual, graphic and interactive content design, including gamification, interactive multimedia, video micro learning, peer-to-peer learning, scenario-based learning and content curation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability candidates are encouraged to apply. Qualified military veterans are encouraged to apply.