Position Details: Network Engineer
TITLE: Network Engineer,
LOCATION: Annapolis, MD 21401
Client is seeking a Network Engineer to actively participate in planning and coordinating the design, installation, and connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure stable, scalable, redundant and secure 24x7 network operations. Lead, schedule and oversee the activities with other team members to resolve end user hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Proficient with High Availability in Enterprise Campus
- Experience with Layer 2&3 optimization and boundary, virtual switching systems.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Services and experience with IPAM products.
- Experience with scalable routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP).
- Proficient with advanced WAN service layers and WAN Optimization applications.
- Experience with Enterprise Data Center: Cisco ACI, Virtualization, SDN, Load-Balancing, SAN and E-commerce.
- Proficient with current Network Security Services applications, services and appliances including: Identity Management, Network Access Control, Application Layer Inspection, URL, Content and Spam Filtering, Data Loss and Intrusion Prevention, Identity Services, IPsec and SSL VPN, PKI, Two-Factor Authentication and other.
- Knowledge of IP multicast, Enterprise Video conferencing, streaming and on demand components.
- Experience with Enterprise VoIP and physical security environments - access control and video surveillance network applications.
- Proficient with Network Management Protocols, Applications and Operating System capabilities.
- Experience with installation and configuration of Cisco ISR, Catalyst, Nexus, ACI, and IOS and IOS-XE operating systems.
- Experience with installation, configuration, securing and troubleshooting enterprise wireless access systems.
- Familiarity with UNIX operating system (IBM AIX, Linux) and Microsoft Windows server operating system and utilities and desktop is required.
- Strong documentation skills, including the ability to produce technical documents (e.g. Visio diagrams, design documents, Project plans and schedules and help desk and user instructions) is desired.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team skills.
- Hands on design as well as post sales implementation/support experience with Cisco ACI for a minimum of 24 months is required.
- Experience should be at least 10 years of relevant IT work experience with at least 8 years of CONUS experience in the networking/telecommunications field.
College-level degree in IT related field is required.
Industry leader’s networking certification of professional level, minimum active Cisco CCNP is required.
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures, LLC is a full-service IT consulting company headquartered in Columbia, MD. We are one of the fastest growing IT companies in the Washington DC–metro area, and are a prime vendor with various federal, State, and Local agencies. Learn more at www.apvit.com.
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.