Position Details: Database Management Specialist
TITLE: Database Management Specialist
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD
A P Ventures (APV), LLC is a full-service IT consulting company that is a certified MBE and a prime contract holder of the State of Maryland. Our client is seeking a Senior Database Management Specialist to support them, provide highly technical expertise and support in the use of Database Management System (DBMS) and evaluate and recommend available DBMS products to support validated user requirements.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience in PostgreSQL Server or equivalent database administration, patch management and maintenance of Replication/DR Environment
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with providing enterprise database solutions and data warehouse management.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience monitoring all production database activity for operational improvements to include CPU, Disk, memory utilization, space utilization, security infractions and overall performance of databases.
- A minimum of four (4) years of hands on experience with maintenance activities of PostgreSQL Database or equivalent such as Vacuum, Full Vacuum, analysis in production and lower environments.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience maintaining Replication/DR Environment of Postgres including patches and upgrades of PostgreSQL Database or equivalent.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in Installation and maintenance of MongoDB or equivalent for high availability; designing MongoDB multi-shaded cluster and monitoring with Ops Manager or equivalent.
- A minimum of four (3) years of experience in large volume database migration between data centers and cloud environments using custom or commercial products and protocols.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in installing and configuring highly available PostgreSQL and MongoDB clusters or equivalent with enterprise security such as, PAM authentication, Kerberos authentication, encrypted storage mechanism.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in managing enterprise RDBMS and NoSQL databases on cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or equivalent.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in developing and implementing best practices for database issues/problems found during performance tuning of PostgreSQL DB and MongoDB or equivalent.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning and validating backup and restore database backups in production and lower environments.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience implementing efficient disaster prevention and Recovery Strategies and High availability like Database Backup and Restore, Database Snapshot, Log shipping, Clustering and Database Mirroring for MongoDB/ MS SQL Server/ PostgreSQL or equivalent.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in designing MongoDB replica sets and sharded cluster and upgrading or migrating various versions of Mongo database or equivalent on different platforms.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working with the PMO processes, policies and procedures.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with Integrated Eligibility, Affordable Care Act or similar large Health and Human Service enterprise level Applications, or experience with supporting comprehensive database management solutions for complex state or federal enterprise systems.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience as a database administrator developing and/or supporting federal or state-based market places, or state or federal enterprise systems.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience using Amazon Snowball or Data Migration Service (DMS) for Data Migration or equivalent.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related Discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures, LLC is a full-service IT consulting company headquartered in Columbia, MD. We are one of the fastest growing IT companies in the Washington DC–metro area, and are a prime vendor with various federal, State, and Local agencies. Learn more at www.apvit.com.
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.