Position Details: Director of Growth - Federal civilian market
The Company Established in 2006, A P Ventures, LLC (APV) is an SBA-certified 8 (A) Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) and certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) in Maryland and Virginia. APV employs more than 100+ professionals with prime contracts with several Government agencies with exceptional client satisfaction. APV is externally appraised at CMMI Level 3 for Development, holds ISO 9001. APV also holds several IDIQs, GWACs and schedules which allows agencies direct access to APV.
APV has seen 300% growth in federal revenue and holds Prime contracts with several civilian as well as DoD agencies. In order to keep the aggressive growth plan, APV is seeking a full time Director of Growth to join our growing team. APV presently has prime work with 12 federal agencies to include, CMS, FDA, HRSA, NIH, USDA, DHS/FEMA and on the DoD with the Army and Airforce. Due to our growth, we are seeking an experienced execute with prior relationship with USDA and HUD agencies to grow APV's footprint at this agencies. Our ideal candidate will provide expertise in lead generation and business development to generate new business in Government sectors and to contribute to corporate growth. The candidate must be strategic, highly motivated, and possess verifiable expertise in winning and capturing new business. This position will specifically focus on expanding and growing APV work at USDA, HUD and provide secondary support to the BD team leading growth efforts at NIH, FDA, CMS, HRSA agencies.
Job Description for Director of Growth-Federal programs
Applicant must have comprehensive understanding of current trends and emerging technologies in the Federal Civilian professional services and IT market. This is a highly visible position requiring a proven, clear record of success in growing new business and expanding current engagements. Familiarity with client’s mission critical programs desired, including past acqusition pattern at USDA as well as HUD. Professional relationships in the above agencies, is a must and the candidate should be prepared to share who they know and thier knowledge of these agencies.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated and extensive knowledge of Federal contracting for professional services and a broad IT market segment, with specific opportunity development, Capture Management, Prime and Subcontractor negotiations and client engagement experience. As part of APV’s growth oriented strategy, this candidate is expected to interact collaboratively across the Operations teams and lines of business as well as coordinating activities with the corporate staff functions including APV’s CTO, Human Resources, Recruiting and Contracting. Knowledge of GSA Schedules and other Federal Contract vehicles including IDIQs and GWACs is required. Experience in delivery of IT Applications, Training Solutions, Services, and Professional Services preferable.
The successful candidate will be responsible for winning new business. This includes broad business development and lead generation functions including: pipeline development; opportunity identification, qualification, and strategic capture; customer and industry partner relations; developing and delivering presentations; and an active and key role in preparing RFI responses and proposal strategy, solutions and active participation with drafting responses. Duties include:
- Identifying, qualifying, and developing new business opportunities and associated call plans. Conducting opportunity analysis with specific strategies to increase company win probability.
- Organizing, composing, and briefing capture strategies/plans to corporate leadership, including win strategies, teaming, competitive assessments, and pricing strategies
- Preparing responses to Requests for Information (RFI) and Sources Sought (SS).
- Coordinating with technical teams, business unit leaders, and functional experts to identify key discriminators, price to win strategies, and develop win themes.
- Assisting in proposal development and preparation, writing key portions of the technical and management sections. Capture contracts and follow-on opportunities post award.
- Preparing and presenting corporate capabilities presentations at appropriate venues. Preparing and delivering presentations to customers, partners and others to help position the company for and shape the acquisition strategy of potential opportunities.
- Supporting the company’s IDIQ/GWAC contract vehicles by monitoring opportunities that can develop into actionable proposals.
- Supporting brand development and market outreach activities. Creating marketing content and materials as required to represent the company and its end-to-end solutions; and representing the company at networking events and in professional associations.
- Demonstrated understanding of current trends and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of Federal procurement and business development cycle. Knowledge of various Government contracting vehicles and contract types.
- Demonstrated knowledge of capture management, competitive intelligence, and/or research methodologies and information sources. The ability to effectively use opportunity search tools for pipeline growth while focused on the corporate growth strategy.
- Ability to accomplish insightful vetting of strategic opportunities (i.e., $20M+ in size).
- Knowledge of information technology, training, industry experience, and knowledge of the Federal professional services industry.
- The ability to communicate concisely and appropriately. Excellent computer and Internet open-source research skills including advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Have a current, active network of industry and Federal contacts.
- A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, creative capture management and teaming.
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / partners.
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree - plus additional business or marketing qualifications.
Performance Requirements & Near-Term Deliverables
This position requires a sales quota to be met of $3 - $5 million dollars in new business, measured on an annual contract value basis.
First 90 Days: Pipeline of opportunities identified and qualified as addressable with a capture plan. Demonstrated Knowledge of internal pricing and proposal development process.
First 120 Days: Demonstrated advancement of opportunities to pursuit and/or proposal stage.
Work Location: Columbia, Maryland - 1 Position(s)
Why work for APV?
APV is committed to foster growth of its employee by providing professional development and growth opportunity for upward mobility. Employees of APV receive full range of benefits to include Holidays, Paid Leave, Medical and Dental coverage, Life and Disability Coverage, and other benefits.
We are growing our business on a culture of employee engagement. If you are a team-centric, creative professional seeking a challenging and fulfilling career, come grow with us!