Position Details: Librarian Project Manager (NIH Library of Medicine)
Title: Librarian Project Manager (NIH Library of Medicine)
Location: National Institute of Health, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD
A P Ventures (APV) Background: Since its inception in 2006, APV has been pioneering creative eLearning solutions. Over the years, APV’s staff has created more than 3,000 hours of online learning for Federal, State, and commercial clients. APV’s innovative products are enabling many clients to provide 24/7/365 custom training and education, with highly interactive content, to a widely distributed work force. Due to our stellar past performance creating and delivering training solutions, APV has established itself as a highly successful provider of online learning—one that has won many task orders under the multi-billion-dollar, Best-in-Class Human Capital Training Solutions (HCaTS) Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC), overseen by the Office of Personnel Management and General Services Administration (OPM/GSA).
Description: The Project Manager will serve in an essential role working on the Agency project team; will lead project management efforts; and will report directly to the Agency’s Project Lead. The individual in this position should be able to multi-task by managing various components of the project while working independently on assigned activities. The PM will lead his/her team to help the NLM carry out its mission.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the project schedules, team activities, and deliverables
- plan, train, supervise, and evaluate the work of professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Coordinate with the customer and/or other organizations’ POCs and report status to the Program Manager and other stakeholders.
- Lead team meetings to capture emerging requirements for current and future work requirements
- Lead the development of the Librarian team
- Identify training needs and materials
- Monitor and report project performance and metrics verbally and in writing (status meetings, status reports, dashboards, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years’ professional experience in an academic, health sciences library, or information center.
- Have at least 3 years of recent experience in the following:
- interpreting bibliographic data elements and searching and maintaining bibliographic records in an integrated library system.
- collection maintenance activities such as book and journal binding, book repair, collection inventory, collection shifting, maintaining accurate bibliographic records; and,
- analog-to-digital reformatting projects. The reformatting project experience should include preparing collection materials for reformatting; scanning materials and performing quality assurance on copied, scanned, and digitized materials; and overseeing staff performing quality assurance.
- The Project Manager shall develop a quality assurance program and perform quality control on all work performed by the contractor staff.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- A self-starter who works with minimum supervision in accordance with our company’s values, the terms of the contract, and the client’s guidance.
- Able to be on-site, full time, Monday-Friday for an 8-hour workday between the hours of 7:30 am and 6 pm
- 3 or more years of experience working with or for the National Institute of Health, preferably within or in support of the National Library of Medicine or hospital library and experience with health information backgrounds or understanding of health information resources.
- PMP certification a plus, will be required to obtain the PMP certification within 9 Months of placement
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Sciences, or Technical discipline, Master’s degree in Library Science is a plus.
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability candidates are encouraged to apply. Qualified military veterans are encouraged to apply.