Position Details: Library Technician (NIH Library of Medicine)
Title: Library Technician (NIH Library of Medicine)
Location: National Institute of Health, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD
A P Ventures (APV) Background: Since its inception in 2006, APV has been pioneering creative eLearning solutions. Over the years, APV’s staff has created more than 3,000 hours of online learning for Federal, State, and commercial clients. APV’s innovative products are enabling many clients to provide 24/7/365 custom training and education, with highly interactive content, to a widely distributed work force. Due to our stellar past performance creating and delivering training solutions, APV has established itself as a highly successful provider of online learning—one that has won many task orders under the multi-billion-dollar, Best-in-Class Human Capital Training Solutions (HCaTS) Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC), overseen by the Office of Personnel Management and General Services Administration (OPM/GSA).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Library Technician will support the NLM with scanning, reformatting, stocking, and collection maintenance of library materials. Support the NLM staff with library duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of recent experience in library services including interpreting bibliographic data elements and searching and updating bibliographic, holdings, and items records in online environments.
- Library Technicians working on reformatting collection materials shall also have at least one year of recent experience preparing library materials for reformatting, scanning library materials, processing images or performing QA/QC on images and metadata.
- Library Technicians working on collection maintenance activities should have at least one year of experience with performing tasks such as shelving, shifting, inventory, and rehousing fragile materials.
- Able to be on-site, full time, Monday-Friday for an 8-hour workday between the hours of 7:30 am and 6 pm
- 11 or more years of experience working with or for the National Institute of Health, preferably within or in support of the National Library of Medicine or hospital library and experience with health information backgrounds or understanding of health information resources.
- Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred, years of experience in lieu of formal education will be considered.
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability candidates are encouraged to apply. Qualified military veterans are encouraged to apply.