Position Details: Library Clerk (NIH Library of Medicine)
Title: Library Clerk (NIH Library of Medicine)
Location: National Institute of Health, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD
A P Ventures (APV) Background: Since its inception in 2006, APV has been pioneering creative eLearning solutions. Over the years, APV’s staff has created more than 3,000 hours of online learning for Federal, State, and commercial clients. APV’s innovative products are enabling many clients to provide 24/7/365 custom training and education, with highly interactive content, to a widely distributed work force. Due to our stellar past performance creating and delivering training solutions, APV has established itself as a highly successful provider of online learning—one that has won many task orders under the multi-billion-dollar, Best-in-Class Human Capital Training Solutions (HCaTS) Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC), overseen by the Office of Personnel Management and General Services Administration (OPM/GSA).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Library clerk will support the NLM with collection maintenance activities such as inventory, shifting, and shelf reading of library materials.
- Use computerized library software to update the library database and perform routine searches.
- Select and pull specified items for the inventory process and load on book-trucks.
- Assist in assuring accurate library shelving by shelf-reading and re-shelving of materials, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned such as off-site storage, shelving, shelf reading and preservation-related activities.
- Follow detailed instruction sheets for care and handling guidelines, shelf reading guidelines and collections pick list procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of professional experience working in a library.
- Experienced with interpreting bibliographic data elements, able to search and update bibliographic holdings and items records in online environments.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- A self-starter who works with minimum supervision in accordance with our company’s values, the terms of the contract, and the client’s guidance.
- Able to be on-site, full time, Monday-Friday for an 8-hour workday between the hours of 7:30 am and 6 pm
- 1 or more years of experience working with or for the National Institute of Health, preferably within or in support of the National Library of Medicine or a hospital library.
- High School diploma or equivalent
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability candidates are encouraged to apply. Qualified military veterans are encouraged to apply.