Position Details: Instructional Technologist
Title: Instructional Technologist
Location: Maxwell AFB, Montgomery, AL
A P Ventures (APV) Background: Since its inception in 2006, APV has been pioneering creative eLearning solutions. Over the years, our employees have created more than 3,000 hours of online learning for federal, state, and commercial clients. Our innovative products are enabling many clients to provide 24/7/365 custom training and education, with highly interactive content, to a widely-distributed work force. Due to our stellar past performance creating and delivering training solutions, APV has established itself as a highly successful provider of online learning.
Our selected candidate will be a member of our full-time, on-site delivery team providing support to the Air University’s eSchool of Graduate PME (e-GPME) on Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, AL. Except under extreme circumstances like the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, this work is not eligible for off-site performance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as a member of APV’s team of instructional designers and Air Force subject matter experts supporting the Air University’s e-GPME.
- Use Softchalk, Articulate Engage and Storyline software and other resources to build new and maintain current online (e-Learning) courseware through the ADDIE instructional design process.
- Contribute functional expertise and experience to Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and working groups consisting of government civilians, uniformed military, and contractor personnel.
- Upload and test courseware using the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS).
- Provide input to APV’s task lead for periodic and required contractor reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Focus on educational sciences, educational technology, and/or adult learning theory/application.
- ISD or training related certifications a PLUS
- USAF training and education development and delivery experience a PLUS
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience developing training courseware projects and programs.
- Experienced using the ADDIE model for curriculum development
- Significant experience and training in an array of educational technology and administration of LMS (e.g. Canvas, Blackboard, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to: work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and instructors to develop learning objectives and course content; participate in courseware reviews with Government and internal teams.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision
- Comfortable using Softchalk software and the Canvas Learning Management System. Proficient with MS Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Prior Experience working with the U.S. Air Force and/or Air University
- Prior Experience being part of an e-learning team developing interactive multi-media instruction and online courseware.
- Intermediate knowledge and demonstrated experience either developing or leading product development efforts using 3 D Modeling, gaming, Digital Learning Content Objects
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability candidates are encouraged to apply. Qualified military veterans are encouraged to apply.