Position Details: Instructional System Designer- three (3) months to one (1) year
TITLE: Instructional System Designer-three (3) months to one (1) year duration
LOCATION: Central Coast of North Carolina area
A P Ventures (APV) Background: Since our inception in 2006, APV has been pioneering creative instructor-led and e-Learning solutions for defense, federal, state and commercial clients. Over the years, APV staff have created more than 3,000 hours of learning content, enabling clients to provide in-class and online training and education with engaging content for their target audiences—locally or world-wide. Due to our stellar past performance creating and delivering these solutions, APV has established itself in the industry as a highly successful small business provider of instructor-led, classroom and online learning content.
The opportunity we outline below could enable you to join a team of learning professionals creating and revising course content for a diverse range of customers.
The Potential Opportunity: We are in search of qualified Instructional Systems Designers to support anticipated future work in coastal North Carolina. We expect this will be 100% on-site work, it will not be eligible for remote or off-site performance. The duration of this work would most likely be anywhere from three (3) months to one (1) year.
- On a daily basis, attend as an observer and/or participate as a student to evaluate and assess new instruction and course material
- Apply your knowledge of instructional design, adult learning theory, instruction preparation and delivery to identify course deficiencies
- Capture the deficiencies you observe and provide them periodically to the designated client(s) POC(s)
- Interact with client instructor staff to discuss your observations and recommendations
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Instructional System Design to include curriculum and course development, revision and maintenance for both instructor-led in-class training as well as interactive multimedia courseware (e.g. eLearning content)
- Proven ability to provide feedback to the client in a professional manner, with criticism based on observations, adult learning theory and principles of instructional design
- Demonstrated ability to recommend viable solutions and remediation approaches to observed problems with the curriculum, course material and the learner’s experience
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, adult learning, or related areas, preferred
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities, females, military veterans, and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.