Position Details: Training Lead
|Location:||white oak, MD|
Title: Training Lead
The Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) has authority under the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act to regulate the manufacture, distribution, and marketing of tobacco products to protect public health. The health risks of tobacco are not solely dependent on the measurable toxicity of tobacco products, but also on the way the products are used and on factors that promote or limit use. CTP’s Office of Science (OS), Division of Regulatory Science Informatics (DRSI) provides OS with Information Technology solutions to support informed decision-making for tobacco product regulation. As part of this effort to support OS reviewers and scientists, DRSI is implementing a Customer Service Center (CSC). The CSC includes (1.) a Customer Service Desk, (2.) a Training Hub to provide on-demand information, assistance, and training resources for OS employees, and (3.) business process support to ensure alignment of DRSI and the CSC with the OS customer base. The Customer Service Desk (Service Desk) and Training Hub are discrete facets of the CSC, but it is also expected that information and metrics will flow freely between the two halves to better inform the forward progress of the CSC as a whole.
The CSC provides CTP reviewers, OS employees, and CTP’s Scientific Computing community with technical support for all OS Tools and Services (IT Applications), to include, but not limited to Rhapsody, ToRIS, OSiRIS, CIRDS, and CTP’s Address Book.
Objectives of the overall effort is:
1- Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), service catalog, executive care service and use of innovative technologies to enhance service delivery.
2. Define and Provide Tier 0 and Tier 1 customer support (OS Tiered Service Desk Support is defined in Appendix B Customer Service Desk Tiered Support Levels and Service Level Agreements) for all OS services and tools (OS services and tools are defined in Appendix A OS Tools, Services and Systems Descriptions);
3. Track all requests for support and inquires made from CTP reviewers, OS employees, and CTP’s Scientific Computing community, including those for Tier 2 support as further detailed in task 2;
4. Assess OS training needs, expansion of current training plan and develop, manage and perform trainings and provide resource materials, blended learning development and the use of innovative tools to develop training resources.
5. Assess and collaborate with OS coordinators and reviewers in the development of training and information resources to enhance the management and review of submissions during the review process.
6. Support the development of the Customer Service Center’s SharePoint/website. The site will ensure simultaneous multiuser access to training resources and information.
7. Provide trending analyses for customer support calls across all tiers of support.
8. In alignment with the CSC, provide business process support by assessing DRSI’s stakeholder engagement, agile project management process, software and business process design process, and key performance indicators.
9. Provide business process support to iteratively implement enterprise agile project management, improved software and business process design, and key performance indicators processes.
Training Lead: Will support the team members in creating end-user training for Reviewers and OS Staff. The Customer Support Center’s Training hub requires on-site support for the reviewers and OS staff for the entire training lifecycle that will enable OS to continue to the implementation phase of the EPLC and FDA’s SDLC processes.
As Training Lead, will support in following areas:
- Develop web-based on demand training and resources.
- Develop and revise courses and prepare appropriate training recommendations.
- Prepare instructor materials and course materials for blended learning.
- Provide Training by conducting classroom courses, workshops and seminars.
Professional trainers with the ability to adapt to a unique medical & statistical audience. Ability to develop web-based on demand training and resources. Develop and revise courses and prepare appropriate training recommendations. Prepare instructor materials and course materials for blended learning. Provide Training by conducting classroom courses, workshops and seminars.
BA/BS plus 5 years’ experience in training assessment and development, blended learning mechanisms. Experience in advising on training delivery. Experience in teaching technical skills to a non-technical audience
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability candidates are encouraged to apply. Qualified military veterans are encouraged to apply.