Position Details: Senior Storyline Developer I
TITLE: Senior Storyline Developer
LOCATION: Columbia, MD
A P Ventures (APV) Background: Since its inception in 2006, APV has been pioneering creative eLearning solutions. Over the years, APV’s staff has created more than 3,000 hours of online learning for Federal, State, and commercial clients. APV’s innovative products are enabling many clients to provide 24/7/365 custom training and education, with highly interactive content, to a widely distributed work force. Due to our stellar past performance creating and delivering training solutions, APV has established itself as a highly successful provider of online learning—one that has won many task orders under the multi-billion-dollar, Best-in-Class Human Capital Training Solutions (HCaTS) Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC), overseen by the Office of Personnel Management and General Services Administration (OPM/GSA).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret storyboards and work collaboratively with team to create custom eLearning content
- Work with other developers and supporting team members to convert existing courseware from FLASH to HTML-5 format.
- Possess expert level skills in eLearning content development software applications (Articulate Storyline)
- Create content that complies with 508 compliance standards
- Create and edit video, audio, and animations for use in all learning formats.
- Apply expert-level knowledge of Articulate Storyline 2018, or newer, to execute work tasks efficiently and utilize the fullest extent of advanced Storyline commands and features to replicate existing courseware material into the new HTML 5 format.
- Utilize Adobe creative suite applications (Such as Premiere, Illustrator, After effects, etc.) to manipulate still, animated, and video media assets to prepare them for use in the new HTML courseware.
- Keep abreast of continually new and/or enhanced product features and functionality and incorporate into training design and development.
- Develop training products that meet or exceed client and/or contract requirements.
- Follow and adhere to the project schedule or specific direction by the PM, to complete required deliverables on time, and alert the PM to observable or potential risks.
- Complete all work tasks on time and to the standards expected by APV and the project client.
- Communicate with the CRC project PM proactively as necessary, and when required to discuss issues, tasks, priorities, and risks.
- Perform initial Quality Assurance review of assigned project deliverables to ensure they are acceptable and free of defects. In addition, coordinate and manage submission of assigned deliverables to the APV QA review team for “formal” QA review and make any necessary revisions to correct legitimate errors identified by QA reviewers.
- Participate in CRC project team meetings
- Execute QA reviews of other developer’s work, when tasked.
- Minimum 8 or more years professional experience developing digital content including interactive e-learning modules, videos, and custom graphics using Articulate 360 Storyline.
- Demonstrated skills writing custom code and scripting to create custom web components or functions for Storyline courseware. Experience with Java Script, HTML, etc. Experience in Adobe Captivate 2019.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Analyze source Flash Files from client to breakdown and document available digital assets files for re-use, and source SWF and other Flash files containing media assets that can be extracted using a de-compiler software application. Assist in preparation of media analysis spreadsheet to catalogue individual assets, type and course components (modules, lessons pages per lesson, interactive modal screens and related attributes of the original source courses.
- Work with other team members to devise a development strategy to efficiently produce converted courseware, based on source digital asset analysis and level of effort indicators that will become evident through the analysis.
- Use a de-compiler software application to extract all necessary media assets and content from existing Flash courses and store them in a dedicated file structure for re-use in building the new HTML version of each course.
- As time allows, begin building HTML-based GUI (Graphic User Interface(s)) for the new courseware to be built.
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures, LLC is a full-service IT consulting company headquartered in Columbia, MD. We are one of the fastest growing IT companies in the Washington DC–metro area, and are a prime vendor with various federal, State, and Local agencies. Learn more at www.apvit.com.
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.