Position Details: Learning Management System Administrator (Junior)
Learning Management System Administrator (Junior)
Location: US Army Soldier Support Institute, Columbia, South Carolina
A P Ventures (APV) Background: Since 2006 APV has pioneered creative learning and marketing solutions for defense, federal, and civil clients. Our instructional design teams and multimedia production teams have created more than 3,000 hours of instructor-led courses for classroom, online and blended learning environments, online courseware for self-paced training, and marketing/branding products to showcase their client’s principal initiatives and messages. Our stellar past performance creating and delivering these solutions has established APV as a highly reliable provider of top-quality products. We are a prime contractor on more than 25 contracts, including multiple indefinite delivery / indefinite quantity (ID/IQ) umbrella contract instruments that present our company with a steady stream of work opportunities. The COVID-19 crisis impacting other companies has had no appreciable impact on the work we are doing for our clients, and we do not project that pattern to change.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a team of professionals committed to excellence, focused on clients’ missions, and dedicated to achieving the highest possible rate of customer satisfaction.
The Opportunity: We are in search of 3 or 4 Learning Management System (LMS) Administrators for a training development contract at the U.S. Army Soldiers Support Institute (USASSI). The contract provides instructor and training support services to the USASSI. This is a full-time position with all work performed in government facilities except under emergency conditions such as the COVID-19 pandemic. The position does not require a security clearance. The project duration is three years (a base year, and 2 option years) and projected to start in late September 2020.
- Apply experience with LMS capabilities to the Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement and Evaluate (ADDIE) methodology, and knowledge of adult learning theory to create and/or maintain distributed learning (DL) courseware
- Use LMS knowledge to support and advise fellow DL designers, other members of the contract team, and government personnel (military, civilian and contractors) in adapting traditional classroom-based learning products to use on the LMS in support of individual and collective training for Soldiers in the Adjutant General (AG) and Finance and Comptroller (FC) career fields
- Execute DL projects and collaborate with the activities of other LMS specialists and learning architects on the team
- As necessary, brief client leaders on progress of projects
- Travel as required and approved by the client (less than 10% travel anticipated)
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university
- Certification (military or civilian) in at least one LMS capability or proof of advanced education on an LMS capability
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience using LMS’s such as Blackboard (preferred), Canvas, etc., and demonstrated knowledge of how IMI products behave in an LMS environment
- At least two (2) years of practical experience using the Army Learning Management System (ALMS) and its native Content Test Environment (CTE) to include uploading, testing, validating, and debugging courseware
- Broad experience using XML, HTML, dynamic HTML, and Java scripting in association with e-Learning courseware work
- Solid working knowledge of instructional design courseware such as the Adobe Creative Suite (Captivate), Storyline, etc.
- Ability to pass a Background Check and eligible to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) allowing access to the military installation (Fort Jackson, SC) and the Government’s unclassified information system
- Advanced certification(s) on one or more LMS capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional technology, education, adult learning theory, instructional systems design, instructional design, or a related area (4 years plus an Associate’s degree can subsititute for this preferred requirement)
- Former member of the US Armed forces or a former DoD civilian employee
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities, females, veterans and disability candidates are encouraged to apply.