Position Details: Learning Management System Administrator (Mid)
Learning Management System Administrator(Mid)
Location: US Army Soldier Support Institute, Columbia, South Carolina
A P Ventures (APV) Background: Since 2006 APV has pioneered creative learning and marketing solutions for defense, federal, and civil clients. Our instructional design teams and multimedia production teams have created more than 3,000 hours of instructor-led courses for classroom, online and blended learning environments, online courseware for self-paced training, and marketing/branding products to showcase their client’s principal initiatives and messages. Our stellar past performance creating and delivering these solutions has established APV as a highly reliable provider of top-quality products. We are a prime contractor on more than 25 contracts, including multiple indefinite delivery / indefinite quantity (ID/IQ) umbrella contract instruments that present our company with a steady stream of work opportunities. The COVID-19 crisis impacting other companies has had no appreciable impact on the work we are doing for our clients, and we do not project that pattern to change.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a team of professionals committed to excellence, focused on clients’ missions, and dedicated to achieving the highest possible rate of customer satisfaction.
The Opportunity: We are in search of a seasoned Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator with knowledge of the Blackboard LMS for a contract at the U.S. Army Soldiers Support Institute (USASSI). The contract provides instructor and training support services to the USASSI. This is a full-time position with all work performed in government facilities except under emergency conditions such as the COVID-19 pandemic. The position does not require a security clearance. The project duration is three years (a base year, and 2 option years) and projected to start in late September 2020.
- Apply experience in LMS capabilities to the Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement and Evaluate (ADDIE) methodology, and knowledge of adult learning theory to create and/or maintain distributed learning (DL) courseware
- Serve as the contract’s senior-most LMS specialist to advise and assist fellow DL designers, other members of the contract team, and government personnel (military, civilian and contractors) in adapting traditional classroom-based learning products to use on the LMS in support of individual and collective training for Soldiers in the Adjutant General (AG) and Finance and Comptroller (FC) career fields
- Lead single or multiple simultaneous DL projects, coordinate activities of other learning architects on the team
- Brief client leaders on progress of projects
- Anticipate problems with delivery timelines and/or required staff expertise; discuss solutions with the company Program Manager
- Travels as required and approved by the client (less than 10% travel anticipated)
- Associates degree in instructional technology, instructional systems design, education, adult learning or a related area from an accredited college or university
- Certifications (military or civilian) on and/or successful completion of college-level courses in Instructional Design, Instructional Systems Design, Adult Learning Theory, Adult Education, Instructional Technology, or related areas
- Five (5) or more years of relevant experience managing a LMS such as Blackboard (preferred), Canvas, etc., and deep knowledge of how IMI products behave in an LMS environment
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated practical experience using the Army Learning Management System (ALMS) and its native Content Test Environment (CTE) to include uploading, testing, validating, and debugging courseware
- Broad knowledge of applying XML, HTML, dynamic HTML, and Java scripting in support of computer-based and online learning courseware
- Demonstrated practical experience using instructional design courseware such as the Adobe Creative Suite (Captivate), Storyline, etc.
- Ability to pass a Background Check and eligible to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) allowing access to the military installation (Fort Jackson, SC) and the Government’s unclassified information system
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional technology, education, adult learning theory, instructional systems design, instructional design, or related areas
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities, females, veterans and disability candidates are encouraged to apply.