Position Details: Instructional Designer(Mid)
Instructional Designer (Mid)
Location: US Army Soldier Support Institute, Columbia, South Carolina
A P Ventures (APV) Background: Since 2006 APV has pioneered creative learning and marketing solutions for defense, federal, and civil clients. Our instructional design teams and multimedia production teams have created more than 3,000 hours of instructor-led courses for classroom, online and blended learning environments, online courseware for self-paced training, and marketing/branding products to showcase their client’s principal initiatives and messages. Our stellar past performance creating and delivering these solutions has established APV as a highly reliable provider of top-quality products. We are a prime contractor on more than 25 contracts, including multiple indefinite delivery / indefinite quantity (ID/IQ) umbrella contract instruments that present our company with a steady stream of work opportunities. The COVID-19 crisis impacting other companies has had no appreciable impact on the work we are doing for our clients, and we do not project that pattern to change.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a team of professionals committed to excellence, focused on clients’ missions, and dedicated to achieving the highest possible rate of customer satisfaction.
The Opportunity: We are in search of 1 or 2 experienced Instructional Designers for a contract at the U.S. Army Soldiers Support Institute (USASSI). The contract will provide instructor and training support services to the USASSI. These are full-time positions with all work performed in government facilities except under emergency conditions such as the COVID-19 pandemic. The positions do not require a security clearance. The project duration is three years (a base year, and 2 option years) and projected to start in late September 2020.
- Apply the Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement and Evaluate (ADDIE) methodology and adult learning theory to create and/or maintain Interactive Multimedia Instruction (IMI) using cross-platform hypermedia and high-end courseware authoring software
- Lead multiple simultaneous distributed learning (DL, eLearning) projects and coordinate activities of other learning architects on the team
- Brief client leaders on progress of projects
- Anticipate problems with delivery timelines and/or required staff expertise; discuss solutions with the company Program Manager
- Collaborate with fellow developers, other members of the contract team, and government personnel (military, civilian and contractors) to adapt traditional classroom-based learning products to delivery on smart devices or the internet/web in support of individual and collective training for Soldiers in the Adjutant General (AG) and Finance and Comptroller (FC) career fields
- Travel as required and approved by the client (less than 10% travel anticipated)
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to education, adult learning, instructional design, instructional technology or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Certifications (military or civilian) and/or successful completion of advanced college-level courses in Instructional Design, Instructional Systems Design, Adult Learning Theory, Adult Education, Instructional Technology, or related areas
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated practical experience developing and maintaining distributed learning courseware using the ADDIE process and course authoring software such as the Adobe Creative Suite, Storyline, Lectora Inspire, etc., with at least three (3) of those years as a project lead role for a team of 2 or more people
- Knowledgeable of using XML, HTML, DHTML, and Java scripting for programming as well as COTS game-based hardware and software products in support of distribute learning courseare
- Demonstrated experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Blackboard (preferred), Canvas, etc., and deep knowledge of how IMI products behave in a LMS environment
- Ability to pass a Background Check and eligible to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) allowing access to the military installation (Fort Jackson, SC) and the Government’s unclassified information system
- MA/MS in Instructional Design, Instructional Systems Design, Adult Learning Theory, Instructional Technology, Adult Education, or related areas
- Experience developing distributed learning courseware for the Army Learning Management System (ALMS) is a significant plus
- Former military service member or Department of Defense civilian employee with a background in the Army’s Adjutant General or Finance Corps.
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities, females, veterans and disability candidates are encouraged to apply.