Position Details: Multimedia Specialist
Location: US Army Soldier Support Institute, Columbia, South Carolina
A P Ventures (APV) Background: Since 2006 APV has pioneered creative learning and marketing solutions for defense, federal, and civil clients. Our instructional design teams and multimedia production teams have created more than 3,000 hours of instructor-led courses for classroom, online and blended learning environments, online courseware for self-paced training, and marketing/branding products to showcase their client’s principal initiatives and messages. Our stellar past performance creating and delivering these solutions has established APV as a highly reliable provider of top-quality products. We are a prime contractor on more than 25 contracts, including multiple indefinite delivery / indefinite quantity (ID/IQ) umbrella contract instruments that present our company with a steady stream of work opportunities. The COVID-19 crisis impacting other companies has had no appreciable impact on the work we are doing for our clients, and we do not project that pattern to change.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a team of professionals committed to excellence, focused on clients’ missions, and dedicated to achieving the highest possible rate of customer satisfaction.
The Opportunity: We are in search of a Multimedia Specialist with experience applying those skills to support distributed learning (DL, also called e-Learning) training courses for a contract at the U.S. Army Soldiers Support Institute (USASSI). The contract will provide instructor and training support services to the USASSI. This is a full-time position with all work performed in government facilities except under emergency conditions such as the COVID-19 pandemic. The positions do not require a security clearance. The project duration is three years (a base year, and 2 option years) and projected to start in late September 2020.
- Lead the contract’s multimedia / graphics design requirements by adapting existing 2D and paper-based graphics/media and creating new graphics, animations, interactive objects, still photographs, video, audio, gaming, augmented reality and virtual reality (AR/VR) products for use in 3D and AR/VR online learning environments and applications
- Brief client leaders on progress of projects
- Anticipate problems with delivery timelines and/or required staff expertise; discuss solutions with the company Program Manager
- Travel as required and approved by the client (less than 10% travel anticipated)
- Associates degree in graphical arts, education or adult learning from an accredited college or university (8 or more years of demonstrated practical experience can substitute for this requirement)
- Five (5) or more years of demonstrated experience on graphic arts / multimedia design projects using design tools such as LightWave, LightRoom, 3D studio, Max-3D, Flash, Poser, Photoshop, the Adobe Suite, Paint Shop Pro, etc.
- Experience shall include videography, still photography, audio file production, and editing of these products
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience working with multimedia / graphical arts products and how they behave in an Learning Management System (LMS) environment
- Ability to pass a Background Check and eligible to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) allowing access to the military installation (Fort Jackson, SC) and the Government’s unclassified information system
- Advanced certifications (military or civilian) and/or successful completion of college-level courses in Photography, Videography, Multimedia Design, Art or Graphic Arts
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities, females, veterans and disability candidates are encouraged to apply.