Position Details: Programmer
Location: US Army Soldier Support Institute, Columbia, South Carolina
A P Ventures (APV) Background: Since 2006 APV has pioneered creative learning and marketing solutions for defense, federal, and civil clients. Our instructional design teams and multimedia production teams have created more than 3,000 hours of instructor-led courses for classroom, online and blended learning environments, online courseware for self-paced training, and marketing/branding products to showcase their client’s principal initiatives and messages. Our stellar past performance creating and delivering these solutions has established APV as a highly reliable provider of top-quality products. We are a prime contractor on more than 25 contracts, including multiple indefinite delivery / indefinite quantity (ID/IQ) umbrella contract instruments that present our company with a steady stream of work opportunities. The COVID-19 crisis impacting other companies has had no appreciable impact on the work we are doing for our clients, and we do not project that pattern to change.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a team of professionals committed to excellence, focused on clients’ missions, and dedicated to achieving the highest possible rate of customer satisfaction.
The Opportunity: We are in search of 1 or 2 programmers for to support a training and development contract at the U.S. Army Soldiers Support Institute (USASSI). The contract will provide instructor and training support services to the USASSI. These are full-time positions with all work performed in government facilities except under emergency conditions such as the COVID-19 pandemic. The positions do not require a security clearance. The project duration is three years (a base year, and 2 option years) and projected to start in late September 2020.
- Apply programming knowledge of industry-standard programming languages and other languages such as HTML, DHTML, JAVA, and XML, as well as game development tools and engines, to support development of distributed learning (DL, also called e-Learning) courses and mobile applications
- Collaborate with other members of the contract team and government personnel (military, civilian and contractors) to adapt traditional classroom-based learning products to delivery on smart devices or the internet/web in support of individual and collective training for Soldiers in the Adjutant General (AG) and Finance and Comptroller (FC) career fields
- Travel as required and approved by the client (less than 10% travel anticipated)
- Associates degree in computer science or programming from an accredited college or university
- Certifications in programming languages used to support DL courses and/or mobile application development
- At least three (3) years of combined experience authoring and maintaining applications and providing coding expertise to DL projects that reside on a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Ability to pass a Background Check and eligible to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) allowing access to the military installation (Fort Jackson, SC) and the Government’s unclassified information system
- Experience coding for DL courseware on the Army Learning Management System (ALMS) is a significant plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or programming, an Associate’s degree and 4 or more year of experience can substitute for the BA/BS requirement
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities, females, veterans and disability candidates are encouraged to apply.