Position Details: Project Manager for MDK12 Portal
Title: Project Manager
Location: Columbia, MD
Project Background: The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE or the "Department") is looking for a vendor to support two critical websites: MDK12 and Report card website. These two websites are critical and provides much needed data to several audiences pertaining to the student data. These services will implement data reporting requirements for the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) within the Department’s existing Report Card website and provide maintenance and support for the MDK12 (Maryland Kindergarten through 12th Grade) SharePoint/Drupal website. This shall include refining, modifying, and updating functionality and data within the websites to meet State Education Accountability measures and to meet mandated Federal reporting requirements of the Federal Public Law 114-95, the ESS Act of 2015 signed into law December 2015.
To lead the effort for this project, APV is seeking a seasoned Project Manager that will provide ongoing support and manage several resources supporting this effort.
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least three successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
- Current Project Management Institute (PMI) Certified Project Management Professional
- Five years of experience managing project life cycles, risk, resources, schedules, and oversight of Internet and intranet software operation and support projects.
- Three years of experience managing Internet projects for government agencies in a multi-tier environment.
- Three years of experience using Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint, Drupal, Microsoft Office, and Adobe.
- Three years of experience with Application Lifecycle Management, tracking bug fixes, test results, and release management
- Experience working in the education industry, for an educational company, or prior experience with state/federal level educational school systems preferred.
- Prior experience leading an educational project for State Agency and successfully completed the projects to the client satisfaction.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, OR three years of equivalent experience in testing Internet and intranet applications.
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability candidates are encouraged to apply. Qualified military veterans are encouraged to apply.
APV has excellent benefits and a great work environment. APV has completed numerous projects for MSDE and other Maryland State Agencies to include DoIT, DBM, MSDE, and Maryland Courts to name a few.
Please apply for this position if you would like to be considered for this role.