Position Details: Faculty & Staff Instructor
Title: Faculty & Staff Instructor
Locations: 1 position at the US Army Soldier Support Institute, Columbia, SC
A P Ventures (APV) Background: Since 2006 APV has pioneered creative learning and marketing solutions for defense, federal, and civil clients. Our instructional design teams and multimedia production teams have created more than 3,000 hours of instructor-led courses for classroom, online and blended learning environments, online courseware for self-paced training, and marketing/branding products to showcase their client’s principal initiatives and messages. Our stellar past performance creating and delivering these solutions has established APV as a highly reliable provider of top-quality products. We are a prime contractor on more than 25 contracts, including multiple indefinite delivery / indefinite quantity (ID/IQ) umbrella contract instruments that present our company with a steady stream of work opportunities. The COVID-19 crisis impacting other companies has had no appreciable impact on the work we are doing for our clients, and we do not project that pattern to change.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join a team of professionals committed to excellence, focused on clients’ missions, and dedicated to achieving the highest possible rate of customer satisfaction.
The Opportunity: We are in search of a former US Army Human Resources manager and subject matter expert to support a contract at the U.S. Army Soldiers Support Institute (USASSI). The contract will provide faculty and staff instruction services to the USASSI. This is a full-time position with all work performed in government facilities except under emergency conditions such as the COVID-19 pandemic. The position does not require a security clearance. The project duration is three years multiyear and projected to start in late September 2020.
- Provides instruction for the faculty and staff in topic areas assigned by the client, including instruction supporting the certification of new Army AG School, US Chaplain School, Drill Sergeant Academy, and NCO Academy facilitators and course developers
- Support the analysis, design, development, review, and revision of selected faculty and staff training
- Apply the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation process (ADDIE) to develop, revise, and review faculty and staff training and education products
- Conduct research to remain current on applicable topics relevant to SSI faculty and staff and to advise the client on requirements to change existing content or create new training material
- Brief client on progress of all work; prepare briefing materials, information papers and decision papers as necessary
- Anticipate problems with delivery timelines and/or required staff expertise; discuss solutions with the company Program Manager
- Travel when necessary to other locations in CONUS to evaluate courses not taught on Fort Jackson (up to 5% travel)
Minimum Requirements for All candidates:
- Former member of the US Armed Forces with at least 15 years of experience in Human Resource management
- BA/BS degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (be prepared to provide examples of products you have authored)
- Strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), especially the ability to create own graphics and visual aids
- Track record of applying the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation (ADDIE) process for the development of instructional materials
- Masters degree
- Certified Military Instructor
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities, females, veterans and disability candidates are encouraged to apply.