Position Details: Senior Proposal Writer
Title- Senior Proposal Writer
Location- Columbia, MD
A P Ventures (APV) Background: Since its inception in 2006, APV has been pioneering creative eLearning solutions. Over the years, APV’s staff has created more than 3,000 hours of online learning for Federal, State, and commercial clients. APV’s innovative products are enabling many clients to provide 24/7/365 custom training and education, with highly interactive content, to a widely-distributed workforce. Due to our stellar past performance creating and delivering training solutions, APV has established itself as a highly successful provider of online learning—one that has won many task orders under the multi-billion-dollar, Best-in-Class Human Capital Training Solutions (HCaTS) Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC), overseen by the Office of Personnel Management and General Services Administration (OPM/GSA).
Tasks & Duties:
- Extensive experience reading and analyzing State and Federal IT Solutioning/Staffing RFPs/RFIs/RFQs requirements; ability to effectively identify and develop proposal strategies/themes/storyboards.
- Experience independently writing to and successfully responding to RFPs/RFIs/RFQs, Task Order Response, RFI, Data Calls, and other government solicitation requirements as per government outlines and compliance matrices.
- Ability to work collaboratively with technical and other subject matter experts, and executive leadership to capture key concepts and ideas while maintaining consistency in messaging and strategy.
- Review RFP/RFQ/RFI documents and responses prepared by other team members.
- Coordinate with fellow team members for the successful delivery of proposals.
- Edit proposals to add customer-focused messages and ensure the proposal speaks to the customer
- Assist in maintaining and updating a database of information about proposals, including but not limited to past performances, references, technical write-ups, management approaches, etc.
- Research customer and opportunity and gather competitive information to feed into the bid evaluation process, responses.
- Research and gather technical and business information for use in proposal development activities.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases
- Ensure proposals have zero spelling and grammatical errors (U.S. English).
- Will work on technical resumes to enhance relevant skills
- Convert existing documents to Government compliant format
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Expert Level Technical/Proposal writer with experience in working with US Federal and State Government Agencies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional attention to detail A MUST
- Excellent written communication A MUST
- Ability to take initiative to independently research information as needed
- Ability to understand technical language
- Ability to communicate with positive impact.
- Ability to adapt to schedule changes & slips, project re-scopes, and customer-directed changes to ensure compliant product delivery
- Knowledge of Shipley Proposal Processes.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in English, communications, or related field
About A P Ventures:
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability candidates are encouraged to apply. Qualified military veterans are encouraged to apply.