Position Details: Jr. eLearning Project Manager
Jr. eLearning Project Manager
Location: Columbia, MD or Remote Locations in the USA
The Company Established in 2006, A P Ventures, LLC (APV) is an SBA-certified 8 (A) Woman-owned Small Business (WOSB) and Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB). APV also is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) in Maryland and Virginia. APV employees more than 100 professionals on contracts with several Government Agencies, achieving exceptional client satisfaction. APV is externally appraised at CMMI Level 3 for Development and holds ISO 9001 credentials. APV also holds several major federal contracts that allows agencies direct access to APV.
APV has created over 3,000+ hours of online learning and is a highly recognized small business with deep capabilities in creative online learning for clients across State, Federal and Commercial space.
APV has several e-learning contracts and we presently support learning and development contracts for various DoD and Civilian federal agencies, to include the Army, Air Force, and several HHS agencies. We need a Project Manager to lead two of our existing training contracts supporting the Air Force eSchool and Squadron Officer School. The Project Manager will lead small subordinate teams of Instructional Designers, Programmers, Graphics and Multimedia personnel to provide educational technical and instruction design support to a distance learning program, and in-residence courses for Air Force Captains and Civilian equivalents.
The Project Manager may work remotely or onsite at APV headquarters in Columbia, Maryland. Travel to visit the client is 10% or less of the Project Manager’s time, but the PM will have weekly or biweekly meetings by telephone, MS Teams, Go To Meeting, (etc.) with the client.
The Project Manager also will conduct Project Management/Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads small project teams of Instructional Designers, Programmers, Graphics and Multimedia personnel to produce eLearning deliverables on time and within budget.
- Manages client communications, project schedule, quality control of deliverables, and the work activities of assigned or matrixed personnel
- Develops and maintains a Project Management Plan, Milestone Schedule, Work Breakdown Structure, and other documentation required by APV’s Quality Management System (QMS)
- Follows APV’s risk management processes to minimize and control risks to project and company
- Manages execution of multiple, simultaneous Courseware Development Cycles
- Prepares and presents internal and client Monthly Status Reports
- Conducts and documents all required Project Management meetings (internal to the company and with the client)
- Ensures proper staffing is maintained throughout life of the contract
- Reviews and approves time sheets of all subordinate employees
- Provides consistent and timely performance feedback to employees
Required Experience and Education:
- At least 3 years of proven experience managing small e-learning projects
- Verifiable experience creating project management plans, milestone schedules, and work breakdown structures in support of projects for federal agencies
- Demonstrated experience in Instructional Designing and online training / eLearning, including application of the ADDIE process and conduct of Training Needs Analysis
- Experience leadign small eLearning projects which were delivered on time and within budget
- Previous experience with managing a team of 3 or more eLearning resources
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Must be detail oriented and customer service focused
- Bachelor’s degree in education, Adult Learning, or a related area
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Certified Project Management Associate (CPMA)
- Hands on knowledge of course authoring and creative development tools to include Articulate Storyline and other tools.
- Master’s degree in education, Adult Learning, Instructional System Design (ISD) or a related area
- Evidence of post-bachelor’s degree or certification in ISD
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability candidates are encouraged to apply. Qualified military veterans are encouraged to apply.