Position Details: eLearning Project Manager/Business Developer
eLearning Project Manager/ Business Developer
Location: Columbia, MD or Remote Locations in the USA (Huntsville, AL; Maxwell, AL; Florida)
Established in 2006, A P Ventures, LLC (APV) is an Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(A) Woman-owned Small Business and Small Disadvantaged Business. APV employees more than 100 professionals on contracts with several Government Agencies including the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Army, achieving exceptional client satisfaction. APV is externally appraised at CMMI Level 3 for Development and Services. We also holds ISO 9001:2015 credentials for the excellence of our quality management system. APV has several major federal contracts that allows agencies direct access to APV’s proven expertise.
APV has created over 3,000+ hours of online learning and is a highly recognized small business with deep capabilities in creative online learning for clients across State, Federal and Commercial space.
APV has several e-learning contracts. We need a seasoned Project Manager lead two of our existing training contracts supporting the Air Force’s Air University (AU) at Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery, AL. The contracts support the AU’s eSchool of Graduate Professional Military Education and the Squadron Officer School. The Project Manager will lead subordinate teams of Instructional Designers, Programmers, Graphics and Multimedia personnel to provide educational technical and instruction design support to a distance learning program, and in-residence courses for Air Force Captains and Civilian equivalents. The PM also will support Business Development in APV’s growing Air Force market. Accordingly, the candidate needs to have strong and recent relations with military and government civilian employees in the USAF who are responsible for making decisions about contract work requirements and funding.
The Project Manager will report to APV’s Director for DoD Business Development and may work remotely or at APV headquarters in Columbia, Maryland. This position is not located in government facilities. The candidate should expect up to 25% travel per quarter, with travel ravel to visit the client is 10% or less of the Project Manager’s time, but the PM will have weekly or biweekly meetings by telephone, MS Teams, Go To Meeting, (etc.) with the client.
Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads project teams of Instructional Designers, Programmers, Graphics and Multimedia personnel to produce eLearning deliverables on time and within budget.
- Manages client communications, project schedule, quality control of deliverables, and the work activities of assigned or matrixed personnel
- Develops and maintains a Project Management Plan, Milestone Schedule, Work Breakdown Structure, and other documentation required by APV’s Quality Management System (QMS)
- Follows APV’s risk management processes to minimize and control risks to project and company
- Manages execution of multiple, simultaneous Courseware Development Cycles
- Prepares and presents internal and client Monthly Status Reports
- Conducts and documents all required Project Management meetings (internal to the company and with the client)
- Ensures proper staffing is maintained throughout life of the contract
- Reviews and approves time sheets of all subordinate employees
- Provides consistent and timely performance feedback to employees
Business Development Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverages professional knowledge of the US Air Force and personal network of USAF personnel to identify, pursue, capture, and win new work.
- Develops capture plan for each selected opportunity and completes the needed presentation informing Business Development Department and leadership of progress.
- Filters data to narrow down opportunities to target Air Force organizations soliciting work in the socio-economic status that APV holds.
- Schedules first calls with Air Force contracting officers and program leads in support of identified business opportunities.
- Develops business intelligence on selected opportunities to include identification of incumbents, teaming opportunities, published briefings, subject matter experts.
- Identifies and engages potential teaming partners on selected opportunities.
- Identifies and attends selected contractor outreach events and industry days, webinars, conferences, relevant networking events.
- Ensures all new leads and prospective clients are entered and maintained in accordance with APV procedures.
Required Experience and Education:
- Former E9, O5 or above, and GS-14 (or equivalent) with at least 15 years of experience in the US Air Force
- Experience leading eLearning projects which were delivered on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Air Force contracting processes and contract management.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Certified Project Management Associate (CPMA)
- Master’s degree in business administration
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability candidates are encouraged to apply. Qualified military veterans are encouraged to apply.