Position Details: Project Manager
TITLE: Project Manager
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD 21201
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- The Project Manager’s critical responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the MSDE TO Manager
- Gathering requirements for new enhancements
- Risk and issue management
- Creating, maintaining, storing, and providing project schedules/deliverables
- Manage the project and the work performed under the Task Order.
- Identify issues, risks and recommend possible issue and risk mitigation strategies associated with the project.
- Ensure the work performed under the Task Order is within scope, consistent with requirements and delivered on time and on budget.
- The Project Manager is assigned the management of a specific project and the work performed under assigned Task Orders.
- Performs day-to-day management of the project, identifies issues and risks and recommends possible issue and risk mitigation strategies associated with the project.
- Acts as a facilitator between a State agency and IT contractor. Is responsible for ensuring that work performed under TOs is within scope, consistent with requirements, and delivered on time and on budget.
- Identifies critical paths, tasks, dates, testing, and acceptance criteria.
- Provides solutions to improve efficiency (e.g., reduce costs while maintaining or improving performance levels).
- Monitors issues and provides resolutions for up-todate status reports. Demonstrates excellent writing and oral communications skills.
- At least five (5) years of experience in project management.
- Good oral and written communication skills. This will be evaluated during the oral presentation process. Candidates will be required to submit samples of past written communications for review. Examples include project planning documents, project management plan, status reports, etc. Sensitive information can be redacted. Oral communication skills can and will be validated during the oral presentation.
- At least 2 years K-12 or Higher Education industry data warehousing experience
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least three successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related discipline. Master’s degree or project management certification is preferred.
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures, LLC is a full-service IT consulting company headquartered in Columbia, MD. We are one of the fastest growing IT companies in the Washington DC–metro area, and are a prime vendor with various federal, State, and Local agencies. Learn more at www.apvit.com.