Position Details: Senior Information Technology Architect
TITLE: Senior Information Technology Architect
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD 21201
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- The Information Technology, Architect (Senior) will primarily serve as the MSDE Education Data Warehouse Data Modeler and be responsible for the 24/7 support and maintenance of the EDW in the Operations & Maintenance Phase of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Critical responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Data Modeling
- Knowledge of Federal and State Academic Accountability reporting requirements
- Data Programming
- Database Management
- Supply expertise in modeling and organizing information to facilitate support of projects or information architectures utilizing the most current principles and practices of architecture data management systems.
- Perform the role of both a designer and architect dealing with state-of-the-art technologies, databases, reporting systems, and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) software.
- Provide on-site and off-site technical support/troubleshooting, software upgrades, and enhancements to the applications, systems and programs
- Provides expertise in the most current principles and practices of architecture data management systems and experience in large system designs, and with data modeling in the information management arena.
- Provides expertise in modeling and organizing information to facilitate support of projects or information architectures.
- Provides guidance on how and what to data and process model. Primarily deals with transition planning from legacy to modern systems by concentrating on information flows, data exchange, and data translation standardization services.
- Five (5) years of data warehousing design and development knowledge
- Five (5) years of Informatica 9.1 or higher ETL development and administration
- Five (5) years of working with Oracle 11g or higher
- Five (5) years of creating and updating data models using Erwin modeling tool
- Five (5) years or higher of programming in SQL,PL/SQL, and HTML
- Five (5) years of creating Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) and dimensional data modeling
- At least one (1) year of documented experience in each of:
- Informatica Data Integration
- ETLs process design, development, and performance tuning
- Data modeling using ERD and dimensional models for highly conformed data marts, relational operational data stores, and star-schemas
- Oracle DBA skills with and ability to define indexes, create and edit tables, monitor Oracle performance
- Informatica 9.1 or higher system administrator skills and training
- Data Warehousing design and development
- Good oral and written communication skills. This will be evaluated during the oral presentations. Candidates will be required to submit samples of past written communications for review. Examples include memos, status updates, etc. Sensitive information can be redacted. Oral communication skills can and will be validated during the oral presentation.
General Experience: At least ten (10) years of experience planning, designing, building, and implementing IT systems.
- At least 2 years of K-12 or Higher Education industry data warehousing experience
- At least five (5) years of the required ten (10) years of experience must be in the direct supervision and management of major projects that involve providing professional support services and/or the integration, implementation and transition of large complex system and subsystem architectures.
- Must have led or been chief architect in major IT implementation efforts.
- Must demonstrate a broad understanding of client IT environmental issues and solutions and be a recognized expert within the IT industry.
- Must demonstrate advanced abilities to team and mentor and possess demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures, LLC is a full-service IT consulting company headquartered in Columbia, MD. We are one of the fastest growing IT companies in the Washington DC–metro area, and are a prime vendor with various federal, State, and Local agencies. Learn more at www.apvit.com.