Position Details: Business Development Associate, U.S. Air Force Market
Description: Business Development Associate, U.S. Air Force Market
Location: Columbia, MD or Remote Locations in the USA
Established in 2006, A P Ventures, LLC (APV) is a Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(A) Woman-owned Small Business and Small Disadvantaged Business. APV employs more than 100 professionals on contracts with several Government Agencies including the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Army, achieving exceptional client satisfaction. APV is externally appraised at CMMI Level 3 for Development and Services. We also hold ISO 9001:2015 credentials for the excellence of our quality management system. APV has several major federal contracts that allow agencies to directly access our expertise.
APV’s market within the US Air Force is poised for growth with three active federal contracts in place today. We need a proven business development professional who can bring an active network of Air Force decision makers to our overall DoD business development activities to grow our business with Air Education and Training Command, the Air University and the Air Force Civil Engineer Center.
The candidate will report to APV’s Director for DoD Business Development and may work remotely or at APV headquarters in Columbia, Maryland. This position is not located in government facilities. The candidate should expect up to 25% travel per quarter to Air Force bases throughout the U.S. and to participate in daily discussions in person and/or by telephone, MS Teams, Zoom, CiscoConnect, Go To Meeting, (etc.) with existing and potential clients.
Business Development Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverages professional knowledge and personal network of Air Force senior leaders at and above the Lieutenant Colonel and civilian equivalent levels to identify, pursue, capture, and win new work.
- Develops business intelligence on selected opportunities to include identification of incumbents, teaming opportunities, published briefings, subject matter experts.
- Briefs corporate leadership on selected opportunities, develops capture plans, and implements shaping initiatives to improve APV’s probability of win.
- Schedules first and follow-on calls with Air Force contracting officers and client program leads in pursuit of identified business opportunities.
- Compares APV’s organic capabilities to requirements within solicitations being pursued to identify and engage potential teaming partners.
- Identifies and attends selected contractor outreach events, industry days, webinars, conferences, and relevant networking activities.
- Ensures all new leads and prospective clients are entered and maintained in accordance with APV procedures.
- Monitors government contracting data bases to identify potential opportunities.
Required Experience and Education:
- Proven experience in identifying, pursuing and winning Air Force business.
- Solid knowledge of Air Force acquisition and contracting processes.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Former E9, O5 or above, and GS-14 (or equivalent) with at least 15 years of experience in the US Air Force.
- MBA or MPA
- PMI and or DAU Level III certifications in Program Management, Logistics or Contracting a plus
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability candidates are encouraged to apply. Qualified military veterans are encouraged to apply.