Position Details: Portfolio Manager
Title: Portfolio Manager
Location: Columbia, MD
APV Background: Since its inception in 2007, APV has delivered on over 70 prime contracts supporting large legacy refreshment efforts, Cloud migrations, full lifecycle IT Systems development, and innovative Education, Outreach and Training projects. Over the years, APV staff has created over 3000 hours of online learning for K-12 and adult learners for commercial, educational, and public sector clients. APV’s innovative products are helping many clients train their work force and provide 24/7/365 learning to a widely distributed work force with highly interactive content. Due to our stellar past performance creating and delivering large scale IT and training solutions, APV was recently awarded a spot on the multi-billion-dollar “Provider Enrollment Oversight” (PEO) contract. We are seeking an experienced Portfolio Manager to lead the effort.
We are seeking a Portfolio Manager with significant experience within CMS to lead APV’s efforts to support the mission of CMS’ Center for Clinical Standards and Quality (CCSQ) Information Systems Group (ISG), This team will support the ISG as it operates and maintains the Healthcare Quality Information System (HCQIS) and affiliated programs including: CMS Quality Reporting program, Value Based Purchasing (VBP) program, and selected Electronic Services (eServices).
- Serve as the lead advisor to ISG leadership.
- Manage all APV contract activities. Track and report on work capacity across ISG Contractors.
- Develop and implement the Strategic Plan aligned with ISG’s Strategic Vision, to include providing for or arranging training for CMS employees in order to support ISG’s IT Strategic Vision (including, but not limited to strategies such as the move to agile, DevOps, open- source, and cloud technology).
- Design, develop, and maintain subsidiary plans which include but are not limited to: risk management plan, change management plan, issue management plan, schedule management plan, communications management plan, stakeholder management plan, and quality management plan.
- Communicate and collaborate from a portfolio level with CMS staff on various topics including but not limited to meeting topics, status reports, risk, issues, mitigation strategies, release planning, etc.
- Identify and develop risk management methodology, best practices and standards communicating these across projects, programs and the ISG portfolio. Assist in maturing CCSQ Enterprise Risk Management from its current state, to an integrated state, where risks are incorporated into business decision making and planning.
- Provide ad hoc reports to address topics or issues as requested by ISG management.
- Develop and execute an Information Radiator Strategy that leverages available toolsets in order to keep ISG stakeholders informed of all line of business (LOB)/Value Stream activities.
- Develop and implement governance to ensure consistency across HCQIS projects and spaces in support of portfolio management
- The contractor shall define Project Management (PM) standards and processes for all projects within ISG. This will include but is not limited to systems being built for ISG internal usage and systems being ingested from CCSQ components that are not associated with an existing line of business. The PM Standards must account for SAFe as well as CMS’s TLC and ISG’s TDB gate review process and documentation. The following outputs are expected:
- Defined list and description of what PM standards are needed and their logic for each project to include Risk, Action, Issues and Decision log (RAID) communications plan.
- Build/staff project teams based on requirements and oversee/approve all staffing
- Lead Subcontractor engagements
- Review project schedules with Project Managers
- Oversee all Quality Assurance efforts
- Review and approve for submittal all project Final Deliverables
- Intimate knowledge of CMS.
- Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) Certification a plus
- PMP Certification a plus
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability candidates are encouraged to apply. Qualified military veterans are encouraged to apply.