Position Details: Program Manager
Title: Program Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Columbia, MD
Summary of Role: The Program Manager will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Director of Operations (DO) in the day-to-day management of all ongoing contracts, including oversight, coordination, mentorship, and guidance to APV Project Managers. Due to current and expected growth, this role will be critical in supporting the DO in ensuring all current and incoming Project Managers are trained and follow established processes that ultimately result in Exceptional CPARS ratings for all projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Management and Oversight
The successful candidate will assist the DO in any or all of the following areas:
- Manage Projects as assigned
- Ensure Projects remains fully staffed with the right mix of skill sets to ensure Project success.
- Ensure timely delivery of quality products and services.
- Provide Project oversight to all other current Projects.
- Maintain weekly dialogue with PMs.
- Engage Client Program Managers and/or CORs to build relationships and review/resolve issues.
- Gather Key performance indicators to monitor/report on the health of each project.
- Participate in Program Evaluation Reviews (PERs) monthly for all active customer projects.
- Coordinate/collaborate with all other APV departments (e.g., Human Resources, Legal/Contracts and Billing) as necessary
- Manage start-up of all new contracts.
- Work with PM to assemble team with the right skillsets.
- Oversee contract kick-off meeting preparation and attending contract kick-off meetings with customer.
- Staff Management Responsibilities
- Determine and schedule PM training, as necessary.
- Ensure each PM completes meaningful 30 day and 60-day reviews of new employees.
- Identify resources that are coming free, and work with Upper management, BD and PMs to ensure resources transition smoothly to new Projects.
- Work with HR to help resolve any employee issues
- 5-10 years of demonstrated experience in successfully managing one large or many smaller eLearning or other IT services contracts.
- 5-10 years’ experience supervising project teams of at least 10 full time employees, including the performance of the following staff management functions: recruiting/hiring; professional development planning; performance evaluation
- Holds a Project Management Professional certification or equivalent advanced degree
- Possesses engaging interpersonal skills and employs a collaborative management style
- Demonstrated achievement of internal and external stakeholder satisfaction
- Success in maintaining high levels of employee engagement, satisfaction, and retention
- Experience in managing matrixed teams.
- Skillful in Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, MS Project
- Advanced professional degree (MIS, MBA, etc.) or certification (ITIL, CISSP, CSM, MCSE, etc.)
- Experience working as a program/project manager as a federal employee or a contractor for a minimum of 5 years
How will success of this position will be measured?
- Excellent customer CPARS ratings
- Maintaining stable work force
- Developing and implementing Process improvements to streamline effective and efficient delivery
- Projects that stay within budget and have on-time and quality deliverables
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.