Position Details: Appian Developer
Title- Appian Developer
Location- Columbia, MD
APV Background: Since its inception in 2007, APV has delivered on over 70 prime contracts supporting large legacy refreshment efforts, Cloud migrations, full lifecycle IT Systems development, and innovative Education, Outreach and Training projects. Over the years, APV staff has implemented IT solutions for a broad range of federal customers. APV is seeking an Appian Developer to join our team supporting to support our federal customers. As an Appian Developer you will be involved in all phases of the development life cycle, you will participate in design sessions, both from custom code as well as architecture standpoint. Additional duties to include:
- Develop applications in Appian business process management and integrate with other COTS products.
- Develop and implement the Appian and web-based applications.
- Create various document artifacts including design/ technical approach document, target state diagrams, installation instructions, Visio diagrams, etc.
- Building critical Appian based application as well as associated integration components in Java.
- Provide technical guidance to mid-level developers as and when required.
- Participate in customer and team meetings to support various program tasks including design review, stage gates, technical roadmap, production troubleshooting including performance issues, etc.
- Work closely with release manager to ensure completion of key tasks including deployment, code baseline and merge, version control, etc.
- Work throughout the entire project life cycle (requirements review, technical design, development, deployment, and maintenance)
- Develop BPM specifications to integrate with legacy applications leveraging web services, messaging, and enterprise service bus
- Contribute toward developing solution guidelines, standards, and best practices
- 2+ years of experience in Appian, building solutions and delivering mission critical applications
- 2+ plus years of hands-on development experience in Java/J2EE, Web Service
- 2+ years' experience in HTML, HTML5, CSS, JSON, XML, Java Script, Ajax
- Strong business analysis, model-driven-architecture, and model-driven-development – specifically to produce analysis, design, component, and deployment models for Appian based BPM applications
- Experience addressing Appian application performance issues and application tuning
- Experience configuring Appian, debug, unit, systems, integration test and document new applications and enhancements including, but not limited to forms, reports, underlying logic, and interface components on development projects as assigned
- Experience integrating Appian with different technology platforms using native integration components
- High level understanding of various products that make up reference architecture and constraints
- Appian development – Process models, SAIL forms, CDT's, records, reports, Appian security architecture, web API's, business analysis
- Appian – plug-in development, integration with enterprise systems
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.